This tutorial is designed to give you a super quick crash course in HTML and CSS so that you can make a simple web interface. For more in-depth information check out the tutorials on www.w3schools.com.
HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) is the framework of a web page. It is almost as old as the internet itself and is so portable that it can be interpreted by almost anything with a screen. The language consists of “tags” which describe the content of a document.
Tags are indicated by these symbols: <tagName>. Examples: <h1>, <head> <p>
Tags usually come in pairs like <h1> Intro to HTML </h1> , the first is the start tag the second is the end tag (note the /).
CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) is usually a separate file that goes along with the html page. Its job is to apply styles to the content of the html page. For example: Text size, colour and font.
1. It can be run by any computer, smart phone or tablet that has a web browser.
2. Small chunks of code and be easily included in an html page using the <script> tag.
A Simple HTML Document
Test the code by:
· Pasting into Notepad (or another text editor, not Word)
· Save it as demo.html
· Open it with a web browser
Other Tags You Will Need
This is a very limited list of tags.
For a complete list check out http://www.w3schools.com/tags/default.asp If you come across a tag you think I should add to this list let me know!
Use Notepad make a simple html document that has these elements:
· A heading 1 that says “My Pet Alligator”
· A paragraph that says “I have a pet alligator. His name is Allan. He eats mostly chickens.”
· A button that says “Feed Allan”
· A button that says “Don’t” using the <h1> tag